SHORT POLITICAL INTRODUCTION OF SINDH UNITED PARTY (S.U.P)
Sindh United Party is a national democratic party of the country that considers Pakistan as a Federation/State/multinational country consisting of historic nations and their motherlands.
Sayed Jalal Mehmood Shah is the founder of Sindh United Party SUP, who formed a national democratic party with democratic and participatory concept giving the nationalist politics a new direction of ‘national democratic politics’ for achieving the national rights of the historic nationalities namely Sindh, Punjab, Khyber PakhtoonKhuwa and Baluchistan in the federation of Pakistan.
Sindh United Party was founded on December 09, 2006 at Jamshoro.
CHANGE THROUGH POLITICS
Sindh United Party considers the politics a skill to run the affairs of the state and an effective way of social service, and this goal could be achieved through the principles of sharing opinion and participating in political democratic process at every level; better use of political power and authority; economic and social change in the country could be made possible through the politics.
PARTY’S SOURCE OF STRENGTH
Sindh United Party is a force and multi-class party representing the patriotic, progressive, liberal and secular men and women, peasants, landholders, growers, laborers, workers, industrialists, national investors, professionals, engineers, contractors, doctors, fishermen, traders, lawyers, intellectuals, writers, journalists, artists, office workers, teachers and students etc. and considers ideology, wisdom, character, justice and peace-loving and courage as a great source of achieving it goals.
PARTY’S IDEOLOGICAL BASE FOR ESTABLISHING A SYSTEM
The party will bring about an end to national slavery, class and social discrimination, conservatism, ethnicity, gender inequality, sectarianism, dictatorship, and all kinds of exploitation so that a society based on justice and a system of Federal National Democratic state should be established.
ACHIEVEMENT THROUGH NATIONAL, DEMOCRATIC AND STATE INSTITUTION
The SUP believes in democracy based on parity of the historic nations, rule of law, freedom of expression, independent judiciary, sovereign parliament and the principle of equality of citizens and the nations and the party shall strive for the attainment of political objectives by observing these principles.
SOCIAL JUSTICE, RIGHTS & DUTIES AND ESTABLISHMENT OF ACCOUNTABLE GOVERNMENT
The party will establish social justice in the society by alleviating the poverty, social discrimination and illiteracy through just distribution of country’s resources and powers. It will develop a link between and accountable State/Government and the dutiful citizen by bringing about balance in fundamental rights and duties of citizens. It will also raise the standards of life of individuals in the collective society and take measures for their material and spiritual progress.
- The SUP shall maintain its separate political identity through continuous participation, sharing, role and struggle in country’s affairs.
- The party shall formulate its policies and devise strategies as when required in the light of its basic ideological foundations keeping in view the ground realities, practical requirements and objective conditions.
- The party shall bring about social change by seeking political power and authority, positive thinking and good governance.
- Sindh United Party shall be a Reformist in its political ideology and role that firmly believes in philosophy of non-violence.
- The SUP will attain national objectives by participating in democratic process and applying all the modern day democratic means of struggle.
ALLIANCE WITH OTHER POLITICAL PARTIES
- Sindh United Party will consider all such political as its ally and friend, which recognize the historic national units of country and their national sovereignty/entity.
- All those political parties that hold national interests supreme to their personal and party interests.
- The parties that believes in keeping state and political affairs from religion and faith.
- The parties believing in the principles of tolerance and peaceful co-existence.
- The parties that are honest from core of their heart, are opposed to corruption, and are desirous to bring the real change in the country by better character and the deeds.
- The parties believing in resolving the issues though political dialogue at all the levels in politics.
- The parties desiring to run the affairs of country through justice.
S.U.P STRIVES FOR THE REAL FEDERATION AND VIABLE STATE OF PAKISTAN
Sindh United Party is striving for the New Social Contract in which National Autonomy(Provincial Autonomy) is guaranteed to make the Federation of Pakistan a viable state. Our vision is reflected from the following points:
- Pakistan is a multi-nation state. The Federating units(Provinces) are ‘Historic Nations’ known as Sindh, Punjab, Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa and Baluchistan, and they shall be regarded as National Units, not Administrative Units.
- All Federating units (Provinces) shall be equal and autonomous.
- The Federation of Pakistan shall be called United States of Pakistan.
- Pakistan will be “Democratic Republic” instead of being an “Islamic Republic”.
- Only the Federating units (Provinces) shall have representation in the senate of the Pakistan.
- The members of the Senate should be elected though a popular vote of the Federating units (Provinces).
- The Governors of the Federating units (Provinces) shall be elected jointly by the members of the Senate, National Assembly and Provincial Assembly of the respective Federating unit (Province) for the particular tenure. Instead of being nominated by the Federal Government for the unknown time period.
- The Federation (Federal Govt.) shall have three portfolios of Defense, Foreign Affairs and Currency and all other subjects shall be with Federating unites (Provinces).
- All natural resources (including oil, gas & coal) shall be considered property of the concerned Federating unit (Province).
- NFC shall be abolished. All Federating units (Provinces) shall be autonomous in financial matters and Federating units (Provinces) shall bear the expenditure of the Federal government according to their representation in the federation.
- The Federating units (Provinces) shall have the right to keep their militia (Para-military force) for their internal security.
- The Federating units (Provinces) shall be have the right to enter into international trade and monetary contracts with the permission of the federal government.
- There shall be an equal representation of all Federating units (Provinces) in the National Army.
- The appointments of Services Chiefs, Chairman Joint chiefs of Staff committee, Superior Court Judges, including the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Attorney General, Governor of the State Bank of Pakistan and Chief Election Commissioner shall be subject to the approval of the senate of Pakistan.
- Federal Shariat Court being a supra-parliamentary body shall be done away with.
- On Foreign Affairs, Sindh United Party is of the view that it would be in the best interest of the country, that Pakistan should maintain good relations with all its neighboring countries particularly Afghanistan and India through non-interference in their internal affairs. This will reduce the tensions on the borders and consequently the defense budget. The funds so saved shall be spent on the development of the country to bring out Peace, Progress and Prosperity.